Assistant Property Manager
Close Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
The purpose of the Assistant Property Manager (APM) position is to assist with the day-to-day functions of the property management department and the functions of the Property Manager to which he/she is assigned. The focus of the job is to support the Property Manager in all aspects of management pertaining to the Port’s property. The APM is the liaison between the tenants and the Property Manager for maintenance and many tenant issues.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular field inspections of Port property and assist in the enforcement of critical lease provisions.
- Become proficient in, and prepare regular reports from, the Port’s property management software.
- Conduct regular NPDES inspections and assist in NPDES Best Management Practices enforcement.
- Professionally interface with existing tenants to enforce lease provisions, assist with Port compliance of leases, and address tenant issues and problems.
- Coordinate the issuance of work orders for the Maintenance department based on information from tenants, technicians or information gathered from site visits.
- Draft memos and/or make phone calls to Tenants related to lease issues and preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Issue, track, and monitor keys.
- Perform all necessary functions to facilitate Tenant Move In and Move Out procedures including:
- Inform the tenant of the lease obligations and present them with keys, notifying them as their expiration date approaches & informing them of their obligations upon move out.
- Perform unit inspections and write work orders related to turnovers.
- Process Security deposit returns.
- Maintain logs related to:
- Essential Lead Maintenance
- Project Lists for individual properties
- Unit Turnover List
- Obtain bids from contractors for various work to be performed on Port property
- Office Support
- Other duties as assigned
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures, and experience in coordinating and scheduling. The candidate will be proficient in Google Earth and the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook. The candidate must have experience associated with administrative duties and possess strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple job functions.
Candidate must possess a minimal level of physical fitness, including, but not limited to, the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, move safely within confined spaces or over uneven and rough terrain, safely climb ladders, work in extreme weather, work in an office environment and stand, walk, reach, and sit as well as regularly use computers, telephone, and fax machines.
Selected Candidate must pass a drug screen and appropriate background check prior to or during employment.
The interested candidate must submit a completed application (available online or at the Port of Astoria office 8am-5pm M-F), a resume, and cover letter to the following address – or email address – by July 25, 2017.
Port of Astoria
Attn: Shane Jensen
10 Pier One Suite 308
Astoria, OR 97103
Compensation will be on an hourly basis. The hourly pay range for this position is $12.00 - $21.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. The Port of Astoria offers a competitive benefit package.
Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proper insurance are necessary as occasional use of personal vehicle is required. The Port of Astoria will reimburse mileage in accordance with Port policies.
Hours & Commitment
This position is a full time, 40 hour per week position. Overtime hours are required at certain peak times of the year and will include some weekends and/or holidays. The hours of employment are Monday through Friday, regular business hours, with an unpaid flexible hour for lunch. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
THE PORT IS A DRUG-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
View All Jobs